There are 3 categories of Azerbaijani visas
Korean diplomatic and official passport holders are not required a visa for a stay up to 30 days.
There are 2 types of ordinary visas:
1. ENTRY VISA:
Two types of entry visas are issued by the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Republic of Korea:
a) Single Entry-Exit Visa for 30 Days – USD 20
Single Entry-Exit Visa for 30 Days – allows a traveler to stay for a period of 30 days, permitting only one entry.
b) Multiple Entry-Exit Visas for 1 Year - USD 150
Multiple Entry-Exit Visas for 1 Year – allows a traveler to enter as much as he wants and stay totally 180 days with a period for 1 year.
2. Transit visas
a) Single transit visa – allows to an applicant traveling to the third country to pass through the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan and stay up to 5 days for the period of 30 days - USD 20.
b) Double transit visa – allows to an applicant traveling to the third country to pass through the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan 2 times and stay up to 5 days for the period of 30 days - USD 20.
Visas are only valid until the expiry date. To extend the period of stay, travelers must visit the immigration office in Azerbaijan, before their visas expire.
This above information is only for Korean citizens. For other citizens to apply for a visa, please visit our Consular Section for more information.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A VISA ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Application form – can be downloaded from the following link (visa application form)
or obtained from our Consular Section during business hours
(When filling in the application form, please do not omit anything and fill everything in the form. Improper or incomplete application forms will not be accepted)
2. Two recent 3x4cm-size photos (taken within 6 months) – for the application form
3. Original passport (valid for at least 6 months from date of expiration of the visa) and copy of its photo page
4. Invitation letter (issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan)
5. Copy of the flight ticket (e-ticket (itineary) is also acceptable)
(No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore, the purchase of non-refundable tickets should not be made before visa approval is granted)
6. Visa fee payments should be made to KEB Hana Bank and the receipt issued by the Bank should be presented to Consular Section.Visa fees vary according to the nationalities and visa types. Please pay directly via bank transfer and the Embassy accepts only the receipts issued by KEB Hana Bank. Visa fee receipts issued by other banks or online are not acceptable. Bank acount details are as follows:
Bank Name: KEB Hana Bank
Account Name: Embassy of Azerbaijan to Korea
Account Number: 166-890028-45838 (USD Account)
- The Consular Section reserves a right to require any additional documents that considers to be necessary for visa application procedure. If you falsify any information or fail to submit all the documents required, you will be subject to rejection of visa application. In case of rejection of visa application, the obtained visa fee will not be returned.
- Note: Since May 10, 2014, in order to get ordinary visas from the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Republic of Korea, all the relevant government structures of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as companies and travel agencies operating in Azerbaijan must address the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan to get an invitation letter issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, addressed to the Embassy with a request to issue the relevant ordinary visas.
- NOTE: According to the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan foreigners or stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for more than 15 days should register upon place of stay.
- Persons with refugee status are recommended to apply to the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan for visa issuance.
The Consular Section is open to the public from 10:00 to 13:00 every Tuesday and Friday.
Visa processing time usually takes at least 7 business days. You may pick your visa up either on Tuesday or Friday.
VISA ON ARRIVAL
With the purpose of increasing people-to-people contacts and business ties, citizens of the Republic of Korea will be able to obtain a singly entry visa to Azerbaijan in all international airports of the Republic of Azerbaijan starting from February 01, 2016. A single visa will give the right to the citizens of the Republic of Korea to stay in the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan up to 30 days.
Following documents shall be submitted for visa issuance at visa sections of the Consular Departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the International Airports:
- 1 application form,
- 2 color photos (3x4cm, on a white background),
- A passport (valid for at least three months from the day of the visa expiration) or a foreigner, and an identity card of a stateless person;
- A receipt about payment of state fee for visa issuance.
Last update: February 17, 2023